9/29/2013

The Ice Bath

You know how they say things happen in 3's? Well it must be true, because my legs finally felt good 3 days after the big run and all 3 boys were off on their own adventures that evening! So I stopped by Beaverton Bakery on the way home after work, then took myself out for a nice 4.5 mile run. Then I did it. The ice bath.

I was scared.

But with tea in hand, I chanted my mantra - what one woman can do, another can also. I was going to kill the bear (bonus points for movie reference).


It was cold. I do not look cute. And it was the longest 10 minutes of my life. But I did it! And I don't know if it was the self induced suffering or just that Beaverton Bakery rocks, but the petit fours I ate afterwards were the sweetest, most delicious treats I've tasted in a long time.


And I do have to say that when I woke up the next morning, my legs didn't hurt at all. I felt great. Damn it, it looks like there are more ice baths in my future. But on the bright side, I have a really good reason go to to Beaverton Bakery again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment